Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23, 2011

Thanks to everyone for the sweet comments on the photo from my last post. I don't want to complain b/c I definitely consider myself lucky that I don't have an egg head or some weird growth on the top of my scalp or anything, but I am soooooo ready for my hair to start growing back! Jeremy makes fun of me b/c everytime I see a cute, short hair style I take a picture of it on my phone...so I've got my own collection of hairdo's! ;o) Ohh, and speaking of the photo, Reece won in his competion, so CONGRATS to him!! He now gets to move on to the district level, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

I get my LAST chemo on Thursday so hopefully it will be quick and easy. I made some lemon and red velvet truffles for the nurses/doctors to celebrate...ohh and if they decide that I don't have to do my last shot that will be pretty awesome too. No one ever said I was above bribery! :o)

Jeremy's mom is also going in on Thursday to have the genetic testing done. Her and her mother both had breast cancer, so Dr. Burt thought it would be a good idea for her to have the test done and make sure Jeremy isn't at a hightened risk (as well as Alex - that would mean he had it on both sides). It'll be about 3 weeks before they have any results, but keep us in your prayers that everything comes back negative.

Sadie and I went and met with the plastic surgeon last week and we both really liked him. He's not much of a social butterfly, but he's very good at what he does and at the end of the day that's what really matters. His nurse (who is somewhere in her 60's and looks like she's maybe 35) was super nice! She's the most adorable thing ever and she answered all our questions and showed us what the implants looked like. I'll wait about 6 months after radiation (to let my skin heal) before I start the surgeries so I'll start around August - September and should be completely done by November-ish.

I guess that's about all for now...everyone have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment